Monday 14 September 2015

NEW YORK FASHION WEEK PRESENTS VICTORIA BECKHAM S/S 2016

Victoria Beckham is about to show her S/S 2016 Collection at New York Fashion Week.  


Victoria Beckham SS16 collection


Talking through the line-up of looks on the board in front of us, she explains that there “isn't one particular theme, it's more about a carefree attitude. I travel around a lot and I'm like a sponge”pointing to the burnt yellow, orange and blue printed pieces, “you can see that I've been to Africa, it might not be a huge thing but it's there in the colours. I think I've found the balance between living in London, spending time in LA and being in New York as well. You can see that influence throughout the collection. There is an urban, surf feel to certain things.”  

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection
The key move on here for Beckham is the injection of print, something she has only touched a toe into up to this point; “We haven't done huge amounts of print before so I'm excited about that.”She points out the surfer print - a mix of screen and digital printing- which has been “chopped up and down and put back together again and turned into a patchwork.”

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection 

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection 

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection


Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection

Victoria Beckham SS16 collection 

As ever the starting point and draw of a Beckham collection is herself, “I've never really worn a lot of print before as I struggle with it but I try all these clothes on and I think we've made it really wearable.” The ease of the collection matches Beckham's cool and calm attitude, “I feel good. I'm relaxed and happy,” she says smiling

Victoria Beckham

VICTORIA BECKHAM

Backstage afterwards she described the show as “very liberating. I feel like I'm in in a good place, and I think you can see that in the collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment