Thursday 10 October 2013

M.I.A & VERSACE VERSUS


Fashions latest collaboration has just been unveiled, M.I.A and Versace Versus 

                                   M.I.A. Is Collaborating with Versace! But On What?
Uber cool, no? 'I adore the energy of the street, so when M.I.A. proposed to expose the issue of counterfeit Versace pieces by creating a collaboration inspired by these items, I thought it was an incredible idea,' Donatella told WWD. 'The collection represents all that I love of the new Versus Versace: it’s fast, it’s noisy, it’s brazen and it blends the world of music with that of fashion. I can’t wait to see it worn'.

                                     M.I.A. Is Collaborating with Versace! But On What?
                                        M.I.A wears Versace

M.I.A sounds pretty chuffed too. 'The theme of counterfeits, of those that produce and sell them has always been part of the culture of M.I.A.,' said the English-Sri Lankan recording artist. 'When I was contacted by Versace, it seemed a great idea to invert the circle. Versace’s designs have always been copied, now it’s Versace that copies the copies, so those that copy must copy the copies. So this will continue'. 

  



 

 

  

  







                                     M.I.A. has created 19 pieces 'inspired by a number of counterfeit Versace items found in London markets'. We can expect garments for both men and women featuring twists on the brand’s iconic designs - hello Medusa head and interlocking Greek key - as well as graphic, kaleidoscopic prints and gold medallions 'with street energy'. There'll be T-shirts, printed jeans, silk skirts, jersey dresses and jackets as well as military-esque outerwear.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment