Sunday 29 July 2012

AMY WINEHOUSE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_olf2z1l48          
Follow the link to hear an acoustic version of some some of Amy's greatest songs.                                                                                      

   Its been a year since my favourite female vocalist of the twenty first century Amy Winehouse passed. something in her voice touched my very soul.  The first year I was given Back to Black the album as a Christmas gift, i played a track every day for a year.

She had her own style, her own voice, no one sang like her or will again.  I kept praying for her to release a third album whilst alive but it did'nt come.  She never sang the song the same way twice, the sign of a true artist.

My one regret is that I never got to see her live, as she was already on a downward spiral when I discovered her. Would she have turned up, would she be sober  and able to sing, I would have listened anyway.

RIP Amy gone but not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment